Clayton, New York
Clayton: Village in Jefferson County, New York, United States
Clayton is a village located in the county of Jefferson in the U.S. state of New York. Its population at the 2010 census was 5,153 and a population density of 773 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 4,647 inhabitants.
Quick Facts about Clayton
|Population :||4,647 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||New York (United States)|
|County :||Jefferson County|
|Postal code :||13624|
|Area :||6.67 km2|
|Altitude :||276 feet / 84 meters|
|Time Zone :||America/New_York|
|Local time :||02:04:57 (6th December 2023)|
|Density :||697 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||-10.89% (2010-2020)|
|Weather :||31℉ Partly Sunny 7-days weather|
Clayton is located at 44°14'22"N 76°5'9"W (44.2394900, -76.0857800).
Clayton forecast: Partly sunny, with a high near 31. more
According to census records, the population of Clayton decreased by 10.89% in 10 years.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019 :||8,801|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010 :||8,551|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April 2010 :||2.9%|
|April 1, 2020 Population :||9,286|
|April 1, 2010 Population :||8,603|
|People under 5 years old, percentage :||4.5%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage :||16.8%|
|People over 65 (%) :||15.6%|
|Female persons, % :||50.4%|
|White only, percent :||81.3%|
|Black or African American alone, percent :||10.3%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, % :||0.0%|
|Asians alone % :||6.4%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, % :||0.0%|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races :||1.9%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino :||3.7%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population. :||78.1%|
|2015-2019 Veterans :||427|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019 :||7.6%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||55.8%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||55.8%|
|Owner-occupied housing unit median value, 2015-2019 :||$253,700|
|From 2015 to 2019, the median selected monthly owner costs - with a mortgage :||$1,726|
|Monthly owner costs, without a mortgage, at the median, 2015-2019 :||$726|
|2015-2019 median gross rent :||$1,035|
|2015-2019 Households :||4,149|
|Population per household, 2015-2019 :||2.04|
|Living in the same house a year ago, percentage of people aged one year and up, 2015-2019 :||88.5%|
|Languages other than English spoken at home, as a percentage of people aged 5 and up, 2015-2019 :||9.1%|
|Households with computers, %, 2015-2019 :||93.7%|
|Percentage of households with a broadband Internet subscription, 2015-2019 :||90.1%|
|Percentage of people aged 25 and up with a high school diploma or higher, 2015-2019 :||98.1%|
|Bachelor's degree or higher, proportion of people aged 25 and up, 2015-2019 :||72.1%|
|Percentage of people under the age of 65 who have a disability, 2015-2019 :||2.8%|
|Persons under the age of 65 who do not have health insurance, as a percentage :||4.3%|
|Total civilian labor force, percent of population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||74.8%|
|Female labor force participation in the civilian labor force, as a percentage of the population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||69.6%|
|Total sales of lodging and food services in 2012 ($1,000) :||84,444|
|Total receipts/revenue for health care and social assistance in 2012 ($1,000) :||454,619|
|Manufacturers' total shipments in 2012 ($1,000) :||3,476|
|2012 total retail sales ($1,000) :||452,656|
|2012 total retail sales per capita :||$52,843|
|Mean commute time to work (in minutes), workers aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||19.6|
|2015-2019 median household income (in 2019 dollars) :||$82,261|
|Income per capita in the previous 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 :||$57,737|
|Percentage of people living in poverty :||5.6%|
|Total number of businesses in 2012 :||1,347|
|Men-owned businesses in 2012 :||666|
|Women-owned businesses in 2012 :||479|
|Minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||153|
|Non-minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||1,078|
|Veteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||97|
|Nonveteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||1,134|
|2010 population per square mile :||3,740.2|
|2010 land area in square miles :||2.30|
Schools in Clayton
College & universities near Clayton, NY
|192022||Jefferson Community College||Watertown (NY)||13601-1897|
|417886||Jefferson Lewis BOCES-Practical Nursing Program||Watertown (NY)||13601-9509|
Other places with the same name (20)
- Clayton , North Carolina town in North Carolina with a population of 26,458 people.
- Clayton , Missouri inner-ring suburb of St. Louis, Missouri, United States with a population of 16,775 people.
- Clayton , California city in California, United States with a population of 11,527 people.
- Clayton , New Jersey borough in Gloucester County, New Jersey with a population of 8,759 people.
- Clayton , Wisconsin village in Polk County, Wisconsin with a population of 4,227 people.
- Clayton , Delaware town in Delaware, United States with a population of 3,630 people.
- Clayton , Alabama town in Alabama, United States of America with a population of 2,829 people.
- Clayton , New Mexico town in New Mexico with a population of 2,660 people.
- Clayton , Georgia county seat in Rabun County, Georgia, USA with a population of 2,103 people.
- Clayton , Ohio city in Ohio, United States with a population of 1,574 people.
- Clayton , Indiana town in Indiana, United States with a population of 1,032 people.
- Clayton , Oklahoma town in Oklahoma, United States with a population of 776 people.
- Clayton , Illinois city in Illinois, United States of America with a population of 668 people.
- Clayton , Louisiana town in Concordia Parish, Louisiana, United States with a population of 623 people.
- Clayton , Michigan village in Michigan, United States with a population of 328 people.
- Clayton , South Dakota township in Hutchinson County, South Dakota with a population of 91 people.
- Clayton , Kansas City in Norton County, Kansas, United States with a population of 54 people.
- Clayton , Iowa city in Iowa, United States with a population of 39 people.
- Clayton , Idaho city in Idaho, United States with a population of 8 people.
Other cities in Jefferson County
Cities, towns, neighborhoods & other populated places in Jefferson County , NY. (more)
|Brownville||5,876||Human settlement in Jefferson County, New York, United States of America|
|Adams||4,847||Town in New York, United States|
|Watertown||4,426||Town in Jefferson County, New York|
|Champion||4,236||Town in Jefferson County, New York|
|Calcium||3,491||Census-designated place in Jefferson County, New York|
|Ellisburg||3,284||Town in Jefferson County, New York, United States|
|Carthage||3,256||Village in the United States|
|Cape Vincent||2,661||Town in New York|
|West Carthage||1,901||Village in New York, USA|
|Philadelphia||1,759||Town in Jefferson County, New York, United States|
|Adams Center||1,568||Census-designated place in Jefferson County, New York|
|Waterville||1,502||Village in New York, United States|
|Sackets Harbor||1,376||City in Jefferson County, New York, United States of America|
|Henderson||1,287||Town in Jefferson County, New York, United States|
|Smithville||1,257||Town in New York, United States|
|Black River||1,217||Human settlement in Jefferson County, New York, United States of America|
Distance to Other Cities
Clayton distances to largest New York cities