Adams, Jefferson County, New York
Adams: Town in New York, United States
Adams is a town located in the county of Jefferson in the U.S. state of New York. Its population at the 2010 census was 5,143. After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 4,847 inhabitants.
The town was created 221 years ago in 1801.
Quick Facts about Adams
|Population :||4,847 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||New York (United States)|
|County :||Jefferson County|
|Postal code :||13606, 13605|
|Phone Area Codes :||315|
|Official name :||Town of Adams|
|Named for :||John Adams|
|Altitude :||2,031 feet / 619 meters|
|Establishment :||January 01, 1802 (221 years ago)|
|Time Zone :||America/New_York|
|Local time :||15:16:48 (6th June 2023)|
|Population growth :||-6.11% (2010-2020)|
Adams is located at 43°48'33"N 76°1'27"W (43.8092300, -76.0240900).
- Go to Official Website
- Go to Official Website
Official website of Adams
According to census records, the population of Adams decreased by 6.11% in 10 years.
People born in Adams (7)
People born in Adams, including politician Julius Sterling Morton, United States Army general Bruce Cooper Clarke, banker Ashbel H. Barney, .
- Henry Benjamin Whipple (Bishop of Minnesota) he was born in 15/02/1822
- William Eugene Blackstone (American Christian Zionist) he was born in 06/10/1841
- Henry Keep (American financier) he was born in 22/06/1818
- Emma Whitcomb Babcock (American litterateur and author) she was born in 24/04/1849
Schools in Adams
College & universities near Adams, NY
|417886||Jefferson Lewis BOCES-Practical Nursing Program||Watertown (NY)||13601-9509|
Amtrak & bus stations near Adams, NY
|SYR||William F. Walsh Regional Transportation Center||131 Alliance Bank Parkway||RAIL|
|ROM||Rome station||6599 Martin Street||RAIL|
|NYF||Empire Expo Center||581 State Fair Blvd||RAIL|
|UCA||Union Station||321 Main St.||RAIL|
Post offices near Adams
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Adam Post Office||Adams (NY)||13605|
Other places with the same name (13)
- Adams , Massachusetts town in Massachusetts, United States with a population of 7,955 people.
- Adams , Illinois civil town in Adams County, Wisconsin with a population of 1,536 people.
- Adams , Wisconsin civil town in Adams County, Wisconsin with a population of 1,382 people.
- Adams , Pennsylvania community in Armstrong County, Pennsylvania, United States with a population of 910 people.
- Adams , Indiana unincorporated community in Decatur County, Indiana with a population of 861 people.
- Adams , Missouri town in Jackson County, Wisconsin, United States with a population of 690 people.
- Adams , Tennessee city in Tennessee, USA with a population of 678 people.
- Adams , Nebraska village in Nebraska, United States with a population of 622 people.
- Adams , Minnesota city in Minnesota, United States with a population of 471 people.
- Adams , Oregon city in Oregon, USA with a population of 359 people.
- Adams , Kansas township in Nemaha County, Kansas with a population of 190 people.
- Adams , North Dakota city in North Dakota, United States with a population of 42 people.
Other cities in Jefferson County
Cities, Towns, Neighborhoods & Other Populated Places in Jefferson County , NY. (more)
|Brownville||5,876||Human settlement in Jefferson County, New York, United States of America|
|Clayton||4,647||Village in Jefferson County, New York, United States|
|Watertown||4,426||Town in Jefferson County, New York|
|Champion||4,236||Town in Jefferson County, New York|
|Calcium||3,491||Census-designated place in Jefferson County, New York|
|Ellisburg||3,284||Town in Jefferson County, New York, United States|
|Carthage||3,256||Village in the United States|
|Cape Vincent||2,661||Town in New York|
|West Carthage||1,901||Village in New York, USA|
|Philadelphia||1,759||Town in Jefferson County, New York, United States|
|Adams Center||1,568||Census-designated place in Jefferson County, New York|
|Waterville||1,502||Village in New York, United States|
|Sackets Harbor||1,376||City in Jefferson County, New York, United States of America|
|Henderson||1,287||Town in Jefferson County, New York, United States|
|Smithville||1,257||Town in New York, United States|
|Black River||1,217||Human settlement in Jefferson County, New York, United States of America|
Distance to Other Cities
Adams distances to largest New York cities