Farmington, Van Buren County, Iowa
Farmington: City in Van Buren County, Iowa, United States
Farmington is a city located in the county of Van Buren in the U.S. state of Iowa. Its population at the 2010 census was 664 and a population density of 547 people per km². After 10 years in 2020 city had an estimated population of 623 inhabitants.
Quick Facts about Farmington
|Population :||623 (2020)|
|Country :||United States of America|
|State :||Iowa (United States)|
|County :||Van Buren County|
|Postal code :||52626|
|Area :||1.21 km2|
|Altitude :||548 feet / 167 meters|
|Time Zone :||America/Chicago|
|Local time :||16:31:40 (7th December 2022)|
|Density :||513 Pop. per km² as of 2020|
|Population growth :||-6.58% (2010-2020)|
Farmington is located at 40°38'25"N 91°44'35"W (40.6403100, -91.7429400).
- Official Website
Official website of Farmington
According to census records, the population of Farmington decreased by 6.58% in 10 years.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019 :||77,330|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010 :||76,724|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April 2010 :||0.8%|
|April 1, 2020 Population :||78,680|
|April 1, 2010 Population :||76,610|
|People under 5 years old, percentage :||6.7%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage :||22.8%|
|People over 65 (%) :||12.6%|
|Female persons, % :||50.8%|
|White only, percent :||77.7%|
|Black or African American alone, percent :||10.4%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, % :||0.3%|
|Asians alone % :||8.0%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, % :||0.0%|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races :||2.5%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino :||6.1%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population. :||73.0%|
|2015-2019 Veterans :||3,927|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019 :||10.1%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||60.7%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019 :||60.7%|
|Owner-occupied housing unit median value, 2015-2019 :||$168,300|
|From 2015 to 2019, the median selected monthly owner costs - with a mortgage :||$1,470|
|Monthly owner costs, without a mortgage, at the median, 2015-2019 :||$586|
|2015-2019 median gross rent :||$836|
|2015-2019 Households :||31,853|
|Population per household, 2015-2019 :||2.38|
|Living in the same house a year ago, percentage of people aged one year and up, 2015-2019 :||83.4%|
|Languages other than English spoken at home, as a percentage of people aged 5 and up, 2015-2019 :||11.9%|
|Households with computers, %, 2015-2019 :||92.9%|
|Percentage of households with a broadband Internet subscription, 2015-2019 :||83.4%|
|Percentage of people aged 25 and up with a high school diploma or higher, 2015-2019 :||95.3%|
|Bachelor's degree or higher, proportion of people aged 25 and up, 2015-2019 :||48.2%|
|Percentage of people under the age of 65 who have a disability, 2015-2019 :||7.3%|
|Persons under the age of 65 who do not have health insurance, as a percentage :||4.7%|
|Total civilian labor force, percent of population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||66.4%|
|Female labor force participation in the civilian labor force, as a percentage of the population aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||61.9%|
|Total sales of lodging and food services in 2012 ($1,000) :||234,297|
|Total receipts/revenue for health care and social assistance in 2012 ($1,000) :||613,508|
|Manufacturers' total shipments in 2012 ($1,000) :||554,784|
|2012 total retail sales ($1,000) :||1,396,050|
|2012 total retail sales per capita :||$17,960|
|Mean commute time to work (in minutes), workers aged 16 and up, 2015-2019 :||15.8|
|2015-2019 median household income (in 2019 dollars) :||$67,507|
|Income per capita in the previous 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019 :||$38,188|
|Percentage of people living in poverty :||12.6%|
|Total number of businesses in 2012 :||6,558|
|Men-owned businesses in 2012 :||3,536|
|Women-owned businesses in 2012 :||2,229|
|Minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||1,007|
|Non-minority-owned businesses in 2012 :||5,160|
|Veteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||497|
|Nonveteran-owned businesses in 2012 :||5,561|
|2010 population per square mile :||2,814.7|
|2010 land area in square miles :||27.22|
People born in Farmington (2)
Schools in Farmington
College & universities near Farmington, IA
|153463||American Hair Academy||Mt. Pleasant (IA)||52641|
Amtrak & bus stations near Farmington, IA
|FMD||Fort Madison station||1601 20th Street||RAIL|
|MTP||Mount Pleasant||418 North Adams Street||RAIL|
|BRL||Burlington||300 South Main Street||RAIL|
|OTM||Ottumwa station||210 West Main Street||RAIL|
|QCY||Quincy||North 30th St. and Wisman Lane||RAIL|
Post offices near Farmington
|Post Office Name||City||ZIP|
|Farmington Post Office||Farmington (IA)||52626|
Other places with the same name (21)
- Farmington , New Mexico town in Hartford County, Connecticut, United States with a population of 44,156 people.
- Farmington , Connecticut town in Hartford County, Connecticut, United States with a population of 25,496 people.
- Farmington , Utah city in and county seat of Davis County, Utah, United States with a population of 25,387 people.
- Farmington , Missouri city in St. Francois County in Missouri in the United States with a population of 18,674 people.
- Farmington , New York town in New York with a population of 13,952 people.
- Farmington , Michigan city in Michigan, United States with a population of 10,395 people.
- Farmington , Maine county seat of Franklin County, Maine, United States with a population of 7,632 people.
- Farmington , Arkansas city in Arkansas, USA with a population of 7,569 people.
- Farmington , New Hampshire town in Strafford County, New Hampshire, United States with a population of 6,951 people.
- Farmington , Wisconsin town in Jefferson County, Wisconsin, United States with a population of 3,848 people.
- Farmington , Ohio township in Trumbull County, Ohio with a population of 2,563 people.
- Farmington , Illinois city in the northeast corner of Fulton County, Illinois, United States with a population of 2,181 people.
- Farmington , Mississippi town in Alcorn County, Mississippi with a population of 2,160 people.
- Farmington , Pennsylvania census-designated place in southwestern Pennsylvania, USA with a population of 1,197 people.
- Farmington , Kansas city in United States of America with a population of 570 people.
- Farmington , Minnesota city in Dakota County, Minnesota, United States with a population of 424 people.
- Farmington , West Virginia town in Marion County, West Virginia, United States with a population of 363 people.
- Farmington , North Dakota township in Walsh County, North Dakota with a population of 175 people.
- Farmington , Washington town in Whitman County, Washington, United States with a population of 147 people.
- Farmington , Delaware town in Kent County, Delaware, United States with a population of 124 people.
Other cities in Van Buren County
Cities, Towns, Neighborhoods & Other Populated Places in Van Buren County , IA.
|Keosauqua||911||City in the US state of Iowa|
|Birmingham||423||City in Van Buren County, Iowa, United States|
|Bonaparte||405||Human settlement in Van Buren County, Iowa, United States of America|
|Milton||400||City in Iowa, United States|
|Plymouth||361||City in Cerro Gordo County, Iowa, United States|
|Stockport||277||City in Iowa, USA|
|Cantril||208||City of Van Buren County, Iowa, United States.|